Do you struggle with making decisions?
Paying the bills (because you are afraid to let go of the cash you have on hand)
Afraid of committing to something that you feel in your gut is good for you (or your business) but, can’t quite seem to pull the trigger.
Or maybe you find yourself procrastinating way too often because you second-guess yourself.
You, my friend, (may) have a decision-making problem.
Listen, there were times in my entrepreneurial journey that I struggled with making decisions as well! So, I get it.
Over the last 30+ years of being in business I’ve learned there are a lot of things that affect how we make decisions and can steal our confidence which results in feeling “stuck”. Here are a few:
- Decision fatigue is alive and well! Did you know that the average person makes 35,000 decisions a day! Just sharing that number makes me want to go take a nap – ha!
- When it comes to making decisions, we let our emotions get in the way. When emotions are involved in our decision-making we are vulnerable to high-risk, hasty, low-reward choices so that we can get back to feeling better (even if only temporarily). But, that can lead to a vicious cycle that will eventually wear you down and cause burnout.
- Another challenge (especially for women) is that we find ourselves hesitating to make decisions because we don’t want to be perceived as “bossy”. Being the boss is ok. But, we don’t want to be considered “bossy”. Guess what? You can step into your leading role, and make decisions without carrying that feeling of guilt. More on this in a minute…
- This one’s a biggie. We are afraid to make the wrong decision. This is a challenge that many entrepreneurs experience. I mean, our businesses matter. Most of us risk a lot to start our businesses, we certainly can’t fail!
- That leads me to the next struggle with making decisions. We are so afraid that we are going to fail that we avoid making decisions at all!
- The challenge with this reaction is that when we don’t make decisions, it can often lead to others making them for us. While that might sound like a dream – having others take on the role of making all the decisions for us does come with consequences.
- Decision-making can also become overwhelming when we have too much information. You might be the person that can bring this overwhelm on yourself and cause “analysis of paralysis” which is the inability to decide due to over-thinking a problem.
- And the last obstacle that can make decision-making difficult is the emotional attachments we place on things like our business or the outcomes that result from decisions.
I have a quick story for you…
I remember sitting outside with a friend of mine Kristen. She was contemplating joining a mastermind group. She shared that she knew she would get value from the group, it would change her business for the good, it would give her the support and structure that she was looking for (and very much needed) but she was struggling with pulling the trigger.
Have you ever been in a situation like this?
As I listened and watch her share, I could see her body getting ridged, she was showing signs of stress, she was on an emotional rollercoaster, and was showing signs of defensiveness.
Have you ever heard the phrase “being caught between a rock and a hard place?”
That’s where so was.
On one hand, she knew the mastermind was exactly what she needed. But, on the other hand, it was quite an investment (more than she had ever considered paying).
Not being able to decide confidently is one of the worst feelings in the world! You get stuck in your head, playing out your options over and over. You are so focused on the problems or challenges that you can’t clearly think. You are just stuck in limbo.
A little wisdom I’ve learned from these “highlights” of mine.
“A wrong decision is generally less disastrous than not making a decision at all.”
Whew, there I said it! It’s ok to make a wrong decision! You have permission!
But I know some of you are watching right now and thinking, “but, I don’t want to make the wrong decision!”
I get it.
Here’s what I want to propose…
Imagine, having the ability to:
- Forgive yourself if you make the “wrong decision”…
- Imagine, being able to make decisions with confidence…
- Imagine, not getting caught up in a ball of stress and anxiety when it comes to making decisions…
- Imagine, having a process that you can follow to make decisions quickly…
- Being able to simplify your life so that you don’t have to make so many little decisions that steal your creativity…
- Make decisions with clarity…
- Eliminate the anxiety that is typically attributed to making decisions…
- And crush overwhelm for good!
It is possible! I’d like to help.
Join me for my upcoming Live 3-Part Online Group Coaching Program where I will be sharing my 7 Step Process to make decision-making simple and effective.
I’ll drop the link below in the comments.
Oh yea, wanna know what happened with Katria?
She decided to make the investment and joined the mastermind after all.
Here’s what she shared…
“When I stop and think about what Kimberley has done for me and my business, words cannot express my gratitude. Joining that mastermind looked really far out of my reach and it started to feel like only a dream.
I didn’t think there was any way to get the investment I needed to join the mastermind, let alone stay in it because the price tag was pretty high (like $70K!).
With Kimberley’s help, I matched more than 30% of the tuition! Not only was I able to get into the mastermind and make the payments easily, but I’m more confident than ever that I can do anything I set my mind to because I know what’s possible!
Thank you, Kimberley, for showing me that I’m limiting myself to “right now” thinking vs. “where I want to be” thinking! This has been a game-changer for me.”
If you find yourself with limiting beliefs that make decision-making a chore and you want to flip the switch and make decisions with confidence, clarity, and a plan for action then join me in my 3-week coaching program where I’ll help you:
- Overcome perfectionism
- Bounce-back from obstacles like it’s your superpower
- And discover the ability to make decisions to move the needle in your business (and life) free from anxiety and stress.
If you are still listening to me now, there’s a pretty good chance that you are struggling with these areas. Don’t let this be another decision you sit on, and later play the “wish you woulda, coulda” mental game regretting that you didn’t choose to move forward.
Join me for week one next week.
Make time in your schedule for the next 3 weeks to spend some time with me and face these challenges head-on. Put the anxiety, stress, and overwhelm in a box and take it out to the trash for good!
Heck, I promise if you show up and don’t find value in what I share – I’ll give you a 100% refund.
If you are like most people today, you are looking forward to 2022 being better than the last couple of years. Set yourself up for success. Invest in yourself. Give yourself permission to work on yourself.
I’ll drop the link in the comments below. I hope to see you there!